Responsibility for managing your information
The website, catfordhouse.com, and all websites and brochures related to it are owned and maintained by:
(Proprietor: Wendy Everdell)
(Referred to as "we", "us" or "our")
This is our Privacy Notice and it explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information we collect or which you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently within all applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
If you choose to make a booking through us or make enquiries about a potential booking, we will collect the details that you provide in relation to that booking or enquiry. The information held is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, date of birth, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
The information you provide or which we collect may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a holiday)
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites or inform you about an incomplete booking
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you (see below)
- to manage customer service enquiries and
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
We will always process your personal information on a lawful basis and in particular on the bases set out below:
Performance of a Contract
If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide the booking services.
- We want to give you the best possible customer experience whilst respecting your privacy.
- We may use your name and contact details to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
- We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services.
- We may share your email address with our technology providers including Google, Facebook and others (acting as data processors) for them to use on our behalf in connection with the creation of marketing and promotion for us.
- Google and Facebook may also use socio-demographic information about you to identify other people like you, with similar interests to present our marketing to. This socio-demographic information is not used for any other purpose nor shared with any other party. No information about other individuals identified from these networks is shared with us at any time.
- We may also share your contact details with our third party review administrator(s) who may contact you to ask for your comments on the accommodation and/or services that have been provided.
- Data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers, marketing our services to them and helping us to provide them with the highest levels of service.
- We may ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third party companies so that they can tell you about their products and services.
- If you agree, we may also pass on your information, in certain cases, for the purposes of conducting a credit check.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We may also use and disclose your personal data for compliance purposes, as required by any legal or taxation authority and to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
Sharing your information
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
- other associates and members of our group of companies and/or their service providers (see also section 6 below)
- credit/debit card companies
- our preferred insurance provider(s) (if you purchase the personal travel insurance policy we offer); and
- other third parties who we may need to work with to deliver services or fulfil travel plans on your behalf, for example, resorts, holiday parks, management companies, owner's associations, airlines, ferry companies, cruise companies and other suppliers.
- We may also use and disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, to legal and taxation authorities, to prevent crime and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Management of your information
We may from time to time appoint other associates, members of our group of companies or third party service providers as data processors, to help us manage efficient systems within the business. Some of these systems may for operational reasons be located in countries overseas including the USA.
We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, or overseas, where we are satisfied that this is lawful and that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
If we transfer your personal data to service providers outside the European Economic Area (EEA) then we will always use a lawful method to do so. In the case of transfers to the USA this may be either the “Privacy Shield” Programme or an agreement in a form approved by the European Commission and/or HM Government. In the case of transfers to other countries outside the European Economic Area then this will be an agreement in a form approved by the European Commission.
Updating your details
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please update your user preferences or contact us. We provide our contact details in the 'Contacting us' section below.
Retention of your information
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
We do not use your personal data for the purpose of profiling.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please contact us. We provide our contact details in the 'Contacting us' section below.
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
Monitoring your telephone calls
We may from time to time record telephone calls you have with members or our staff for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service.
Updates to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page.
This notice was last updated on 31st December 2020.
If I have queries about this privacy notice or about information we may hold about you (a data subject access request), you can contact us directly using any of the methods below:
a. online by using the Contact Form on this website.
c. by writing to us at:
d. by calling us on: +44 (0)1984 624760
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint about privacy or data protection, you also have the right to raise concerns with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk - Our Data Protection Registration is ZA767855.