The Cottage, Catford House is owned and maintained by
(Proprietor: Wendy Everdell)
Huish Champflower, Taunton, Somerset, TA4 2BZ
("we", "us" or "our")
These are the Terms and Conditions of "your" booking and stay at The Cottage, Catford House that "you" agree to at the time of booking.
- A contract between "you" and "us", the owners of The Cottage,Catford House will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the dates shown in the rental agreement.
- The contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the stay price is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the charge and the refundable Security Deposit (if requested).
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than six weeks before the commencement of your stay. If the balance is not received by the due date then your stay will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing or email. If you cancel your stay more than 6 weeks before it is due to start then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 6 weeks prior to the stay then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by us except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your stay. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed the number agreed and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Your occupancy normally commences at 16:00 on Fridays unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the property by 10:00 on the Friday of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Pets are allowed if agreed at the time of booking, Pets are not allowed in or on beds or other furniture.
- Smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at your expense.
- In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result.
- We reserve the right to levy a Security Deposit and if so, we will agree it at the time of booking.
- The Security Deposit will be returned within 7 days of the end of your stay less the cost of damage/breakages.
- Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation or there are breakages, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the stay and you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- Remember to lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- We reserve the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if you leave the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- You may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The internet connection is available at no extra cost, subject to technical availability, which is not guaranteed.
- We shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building or grounds.
- All inventory must remain in the property as it was on arrival and not be taken to another property.
- Children under 18 visiting the property must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
- We reserve the right to terminate a stay without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Any problem or complaint which you may have concerning your stay must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Complaints not reported to us/ at the time and only reported after departure will not normally be considered by us.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
This property is privately owned and is next door to our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.